On the special rules of study with regards to the presence of Coronavirus SARS CoV-2
This Dean's Provision is issued in connection with the currently valid resolutions of the Government of the Czech Republic on the adoption of crisis measures and on the basis of Act No. 188/2020 Coll., On special rules for education and decision-making at universities in 2020 and altering the period of study for other purposes, and on the Laws and Special Rules of Study at Charles University for the academic year 2019/2020.
Physical presence at mass forms of teaching and testing
- With effect from 27 April 2020 from 0:00 am, according to currently valid government resolutions on the adoption of crisis measures, individual visits to libraries and study rooms for the purpose of collecting or submitting study literature, personal presence of students for consultation or examination, laboratory and experimental work, particularly for the implementation of final theses within the bachelor's, master's or doctoral study program, and the personal presence of students in clinical and practical teaching and practice are allowed all under the conditions set by currently valid government resolutions on crisis measures.
- Individual attendance to mass forms of teaching and examinations, within the limits specified in the currently valid government resolutions and in Article 2, paragraph 1 of this decree, will take place at the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University beginning on 4 May 2020.
Teaching and controls of study in the academic year 2019/2020
- Teaching within study programs may be carried out in distance form, regardless of the form of study specified in the accreditation of the given study program, field of study, or in the resolution of the Internal Evaluation Council on the implementation of the study program within its institutional accreditation.
- It is possible for examination in individual subjects to take place by distance methods. The guarantor of the course decides on the distance testing method for each specific subject.
- State final examinations and state rigorous examinations or their parts, state doctoral examinations, and dissertation defences (hereinafter referred to as “state examinations”) may be carried out by distance learning methods. The Dean will make a decision on the possibility of enabling the distance form of state examinations for a given study program, in conjunction with the guarantor of this study program.
- Students are required to follow the information and recommendations published on the websites of the Charles University and the Second Faculty of Medicine, and always according to the most current information.
- This Dean's Provision takes effect from the date of its signature by the Dean.
In Prague on the Day 29 April 2020
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Komárek, CSc.
Dean of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University