Second Faculty of Medicine
in 6 programmes
in 15 programmes
- The Second Faculty of Medicine is part of Charles University in Prague, its history dates back to 1348.
- It is based at Motol University Hospital, where teaching also takes place in lecture halls and clinical departments. Theoretical subjects are mostly taught at the theoretical and pre-clinical departments in Motol (Plzeňská Campus); some clinical teaching takes place at Na Bulovce Hospital and at the Military University Hospital. Our students also have internships and practical training in other hospitals.
- The faculty’s main objective is to provide high-quality medical work and increase medical knowledge by training skilled doctors and carrying out research work.
- We are one of the smaller faculties with respect to the number of undergraduate students, and this is despite the fact that we are based at one of the largest European hospitals. Our extensive clinical background enables top quality training with a focus on practical work.
- One of the faculty’s priorities is its internationally recognised medical research; the faculty’s scientific potential is determined to a great extent by its doctoral students.
- Independent assessments over a number of years have named us as one of the best medical faculties in the country.
- Medical degrees: General Medicine (MUDr. or MD; taught both in Czech and English) and Physiotherapy (Czech); undergraduate studies: Physiotherapy (Czech), General Nursing (Czech), Paediatric Nursing (Czech) and Radiologic Assistance (Czech); doctoral programs in biomedicine (both in Czech and English).
- Graduates, students and teachers from our faculty are well known not just as good doctors, but also as public figures and elite sportsman and women.