Dean’s Provision no. 16/2022
on the Implementation of the Framework Principles of Career Development of Academic and Scientific Staff and Lecturers at Charles University
This Provision of the Dean amends and specifies the rules of career development and prospects at the Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University (hereinafter referred to as the "Second Faculty of Medicine, CU") in the application of the provisions of the Framework Principles of Career Development of Academic and Scientific Staff and Lecturers at Charles University (hereinafter referred to as the "CP") and the Collective Agreement concluded between Charles University and the trade unions (hereinafter referred to as the "CA"), and further regulates the conditions and procedures in certain selected cases in the personnel field which are not regulated in the CP or the CA.
Periodic Evaluation of Employees of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University
1. Periodic evaluation of academic and scientific staff, lecturers and economic-administrative, technical, professional, service and business-operational staff is carried out by the relevant manager (hereinafter referred to as the "evaluator"), namely once every three years according to a schedule approved by the Dean’s Board. Appropriate up-to-date forms are used for staff evaluation, which include specific areas and criteria for evaluation (see Annexes to this Provision).
2. The evaluation of full-time staff on grants only is decided by the principal investigators of the grant(s).
3. The employee being evaluated shall complete the parts of the form marked for completion and submit it to the evaluator. Subsequently, during a pre-arranged face-to-face meeting, a joint discussion and evaluation will take place. The conclusion of the evaluation as stated in the evaluation form shall be signed by both parties.
4. If the employee being evaluated disagrees with the evaluation, they may, within 5 working days after the evaluation, request in writing that the evaluator or their supervisor change the evaluation, stating the reason for the change. The evaluator or their superior shall review such an evaluation within 5 working days and communicate the result of the review in writing to the particular employee.
5. After the employee's comments on the evaluation, the evaluation forms are forwarded to the Personnel and Payroll Department of the Second Faculty of Medicine, CU (hereinafter referred to as the "P&P"). According to the instructions of the Dean and the Vice-Dean for Personnel Affairs, the P&P shall prepare and complete the documents for the meeting of the evaluation committee.
6. For the evaluation of individual departments and their managers, the Dean appoints a two-member permanent evaluation committee consisting of the Dean and the Vice-Dean for Personnel Affairs (hereinafter referred to as the "Committee"). The Committee shall inform the Dean’s Board of the time schedule and progress of the periodic evaluation of employees.
7. At a face-to-face meeting between the Committee members and the managers, the entire department and individual managers shall be evaluated. The conclusions of this meeting may also serve as a basis for possible staffing and pay changes at the given department; e.g. changes in the workload, tariff and pay grades, personal assessment, etc. All documentation from these meetings is returned to the P&P. The Committee shall decide on a uniform date for processing all approved changes.
Career Prospects – Managers
In accordance with the needs of the Second Faculty of Medicine, CU and in the case of joint departments, also in agreement with the directors of the teaching hospitals, senior staff may remain in their positions for several terms. The number and length of these terms are subject to the approval of the Dean. The outcome of the last periodic evaluation shall be used to evaluate the past period as a condition for renewal of the term of office.
Career Prospects – New Employees
To familiarize a new employee with the specific areas and criteria for evaluation and to draw their Career Development Plan, the manager shall use the current Periodic Employee Evaluation forms as appropriate.
1. Any exceptions to the above are subject to the approval of the Dean.
2. This Provision includes the following annexes:
Annex no. 1 - Periodic Evaluation of an Employee – for academic and scientific staff
Annex no. 2 - Periodic Evaluation of an Employee – for economic-administrative, technical and professional staff, working persons, service and business-operational staff
(the annexes are available in the current version from the Head of the Personnel and Payroll Department of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University)
2. This Provision repeals paragraphs 2 to 5 of Art. 5 of DP 9/2020 and Annexes no. 2 and 3 to DP 9/2020.
3. This Provision becomes valid on the day of its signature by the Dean and effective on 1 July 2022.
In Prague on 29 June 2022
prof. MUDr. Marek Babjuk, CSc.
Dean of the Second Faculty of Medicine, CU