The Academic Senate of the Second Faculty of Medicine, in accordance with its Rules of Procedure, Article (1) and (2), announces, at their meeting on 5 October 2022, elections of the Academic Senate of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, for the term of office from 1 February 2023 to 31 January 2026.
The Academic Senate has set the following election dates:
- The proposal round of elections will take place for both chambers (pedagogical and student) in the form of Nomination proposals from 1 to 13 November 2022.
- The second round will take place for both chambers electronically from 28 November to November 30, 2022.The electoral system will be launched on 28 November 2022 at 8.00 a.m. and closed on 30 November 2022 at 6.00 p.m.
The main conditions that the electoral system meets (which will be used in a similar configuration for elections to the AS of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University):
- only a designated person from the IT department of the faculty has access to the electoral system, this person may not interfere with the election process,
- the electoral system must be accessible at the time specified when the elections are announced,
- the system must not allow the display of interim election results,
- the system must check that the conditions for voting are met (in particular the election of a maximum of two candidates)
- only a person who is a member of the academic community of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, can vote in the system and only after logging in via CAS,
- each person entitled to vote can vote only once and cannot change it after sending the ballot,
- the system will not allow to trace how a particular voter voted,
- after the end of the round, the system will allow export with the overall results of voting and the number of voters in each chamber.
The Academic Senate approved the following composition of the Election Commission:
- Teachers: MUDr. Dagmar Holá, Mgr. Šárka Salavová, RNDr. Karolina Škvárová Kramarzová, Ph.D.
- Students: RNDr. Aneta Skotnicová, Anna Garnolová, MUDr. Adam Láznička (chairman)
The Academic Senate further determined that the Election Commission shall follow the amended Manual of Elections to the AS of the Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University (approved at the meeting of the AS on 5 October 2022).
The person responsible for the administrative course of the elections is the secretary of the faculty, Mgr. J. Šmejcká. The academic community will be informed about the course of the elections on the faculty website.
Schedule of elections to the AS of Charles University
5 October 2022 – announcement of elections at the regular meeting of the AS, including determination of the date and time of elections, approval of the composition of the sub-election commission
- 1–13 November 2022 – the proposal round of elections to the AS of Charles University
- 28–30 November 2022 – electronic elections to the AS of Charles University