Dean’s Provision No. 7/2020
DEAN’S PROVISION No. 7/2020
On the special rules of study with regards to the presence of Coronavirus SARS CoV-2
This Dean’s Provision is issued in connection with the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 491 of April 30th 2020 and on the basis of Act No. 188/2020 Coll., On special rules for education and decision-making at universities in 2020 and on the assessment of study periods. for the purposes of other laws and Special Rules of Study at Charles University for the academic year 2019/2020.
Physical presence at mass forms of teaching and testing
- With effect from May 11th 2020 at 0:00 am, according to the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 491, the personal presence of students studying at a university is allowed, provided that the condition of the presence of a maximum of 15 students in a group is met; this restriction does not apply to clinical and practical lessons and internships.
- Students are obliged to submit a written affidavit stating that they have no symptoms of an infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.). The physical presence of a student is possible only if he/she is not experiencing acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease.
Teaching and controls of study in the academic year 2019/2020
- Teaching within study programs may be carried out in distance form, regardless of the form of study specified in the accreditation of the given study program, field of study, or in the resolution of the Internal Evaluation Council on the implementation of the study program within its institutional accreditation.
- It is possible for examination in individual subjects to take place by distance methods. The guarantor of the course makes the decision on the use of distance testing methods for each specific subject.
- State final examinations and state rigorous examinations or their parts, state doctoral examinations, and dissertation defences (hereinafter referred to as “state examinations”) may be carried out by distance learning methods. The Dean will decide on the possibility of enabling the distance form of state examinations for a given study program, in conjunction with the guarantor of this study program.
- Students are required to follow the information and recommendations published on the websites of the Charles University and the Second Medical Faculty, and always according to the most current information.
- This decree cancels the Dean’s Provision No. 6/2020.
- This Dean’s Provision becomes valid from the date of its signature by the Dean and comes into effect on May 11th 2020.
In Prague on 5. 5. 2020
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Komárek, CSc.
Dean of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University