Dean’s Provision No. 10/2020
Dean’s Provision No. 10/2020
Rules of the admission process for the academic year 2020/2021
This Dean’s Provision stipulates the rules for admission which the applicant is obliged to observe during the admission process to the Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University (hereinafter known as "Second Faculty of Medicine") and the applicant's right to inspect their file.
Rules of the admission process
In accordance with Article 6, paragraph 6 of the Rules of the Admission Process for Applicants to the Charles University (hereinafter known as "Rules of the Admission Process") I set the rules for applicants for studies at the Second Faculty of Medicine:
1. Applicants to studies in the Czech language will receive a two-part invitation to the admission process through the Study Information System (SIS).
2. Applicants to the English parallel will receive an invitation to an oral interview, which will take place in a distance form, through the Study Information System (SIS).
3. Applicants for the master 's study program Specialization in Healthcare in Physiotherapy will use the first part of the invitation for the first written test and the second part of the invitation for second written test.
4. Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree program in Physiotherapy and the Master's degree program in General Medicine will complete a test in physics, chemistry and biology, and a test on general knowledge during this admission process all at once without a break. Thus, applicants will use only one invitation for the written tests.
5. The applicant is obliged to check whether their personal data listed on invitation to the admission procedure for the academic year 2020/2021 is accurate.
6. At the beginning of the briefing, the applicant will sign the invitation upon instruction by the head of the auditorium, thereby confirming that they are not medically indisposed and that his state of health allows them to complete the following tests.
7. After receiving the relevant tests, the applicant is obliged to check whether the tests, the result forms, and the sticking label have the same identification number. Any irregularities are to be immediately reported to the head of the auditorium in which the written test is taking place.
8. The applicant will fix the sticking label, which they will receive with the test, to the invitation.
9. The applicant fills in the result forms only with a black ballpoint pen, which they receive before the start of the admission process from a faculty employee and marks the correct answers in accordance with the test instructions.
10. The applicant is obliged to complete the test immediately upon the request of the head of the auditorium and turn in according to instructions their invitation with fixed label, the result forms and the tests themselves to a designated supervisor in the auditorium, and subsequently to leave the auditorium.
11. During the admission process, the applicant may not use or have turned on these objects:
- a calculator, spreadsheet or other similar tool
- e.g. a switched on mobile phone, a running tablet, a smart watch with an operating system, or other similar aids.
12. The applicant may not copy from another applicant or allow another applicant to copy from them during the written tests.
13. The candidate may not leave the testing room with or without a test during the written tests without the permission of a supervisor, nor may he make any changes in the tests after designated testing time.
14. As a consequence of the behaviour of applicants which may disrupt the equality of opportunity among all applicants, as stated in Article 2, paragraphs 11 - 13 of this measure, the offending applicant will have their tests nullified and their results will not be evaluated. For such offending applicants, there is no right to a replacement date. A report shall be drawn up which is part of the tenderer's file which discusses the nullification of the entrance examination as a whole or a part of it, and the reasons for termination.
15. The candidate may request an interruption of the entrance examination if they are indisposed due to a sudden medical condition, if it is obvious that they cannot continue this test. The urgency of the indisposition is evaulated by the vice-dean for studies or an employee of the faculty who is authorized by them. A report on the event is immediately written, which is signed by the applicant and the responsible faculty employee. The results of the interrupted exam are not evaluated and the vice dean for studies, in cases worthy of special consideration, may allow the test to be held at a substitute date. If any the candidate shall request this, the vice dean will state the reasons for the new term of the test, which will be held within three days from the date of interruption of the examination. Medical indisposition at the time of the examination cannot be proven or approved after the end of the exam.
16. The applicant has the right to request access to their file in accordance with the provisions § 50 paragraph 5 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., On Higher Education Institutions, and Article 11 paragraph 4 of the Rules of the admission process:
- Only the applicant has the right to inspect the file. Before inspecting the file itself, the applicant shall prove his or her identity to the authorized faculty employee with an identity card, passport, or an equivalent EU identification card (with a photograph).
- Inspection will be allowed for applicants who request the faculty to inspect his or her file in writing, at least 5 working days before the set date of inspection. The date and time of inspection of the file will be published on the faculty's website.
1. This decree cancels the Dean’s Provision No. 4/2019.
2. This Dean's Decree becomes valid and comes into effect from the date of its signature by the Dean.
In Prague on 27. 5. 2020
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Komárek, CSc.
Dean of the Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University