Dean’s Measure No. 13/2021
“Top Student” Faculty Award for Foreign Students
Under Article 9 (2) of the Scholarship and Bursary Rules of Charles University and Article 6 (2) of the Rules for Awarding Scholarships and Bursaries at the Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University, this measure provides the rules for granting the “Top Student” extraordinary award to students studying General Medicine in a Master’s programme of study in English.
“Top Student“ Faculty Award
1. The “Top Student“ Faculty award comes with a financial award of 70,000 CZK upon the fulfilment of the conditions set in subsection (2) of this Article.
2. The “Top Student“ Faculty award may be granted to students who are studying in the General Medicine programme of study in English, as of their second year of study, and who fulfilled all of the following conditions in the academic year:
- They passed all exams in the course of their study at the Second Faculty of Medicine;
- They covered the tuition fee for study in English properly and on time during the entire course of their study;
- Their average grade achieved in the course of their study must be within the 90th to 100th percentile of the average grade achieved by all students studying the given programme of study in English;
- They acquired, at a minimum, the required number of credits in the previous academic year (60 ECTS);
- They completed all the subjects they registered for;
- They have not exceeded the standard length of study.
3. The awarding under the above criteria is decided by the Dean of the Faculty.
Transitional and Final Provisions
1. The Dean’s Measure No. 5/2014 and Articles I, III and IV of the Dean’s Measure No. 15/2017 are hereby repealed.
2. In the case of students who enrolled in study before the effect of this directive and for whom the possibility of granting the “Best International Medical Students Award“ is stipulated in their Contract for the Provision of Study, the existing regulations apply.
3. The Academic Senate of the Second Faculty of Medicine discussed and approved this Dean’s directive on 19 May 2021.
4. This Dean’s Directive comes into legal force on the date of its signature and becomes effective on 1 October 2021. The Faculty award under this directive may be granted for the first time for study results achieved in the 2021/2022 academic year.
In Prague, 30 August 2021
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Komárek, CSc.
Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University