(applicable to international students of Charles University 2nd Faculty of Medicine from 2nd to 6th grade)
The awardee must fulfill the following conditions which are announced by the Dean once a year:
- the student‘s average academic result for the entire length of study must reach 95–100 percentile of all international students’ results and, at the same time, this average academic result must equal to 90–100 percentile of all students of the same branch;
- during the course of studies up to present the student has passed most of his/her exams at our Faculty;
based on the above criteria the Dean will make the final decision.
The award equals to ½ of the students annual tuition fee.
Interviews with Students Awarded
Rules for Awarding Scholarships
Top 10 per Cent International Medical Students Award
A Decree about the Establishment of a Special Award from the Rector of Charles University
The Rector of Charles University establishes a special award from the Rector of Charles University for students who:
- achieve extraordinary results in the field of science or research during the course of their study,
- show exceptional human character in unusual situations,
- have been awarded extremely high honours for participation in cultural or artistic activities, or they had excellent sports results in international competitions.
- The special award from the Rector of Charles University will be at least 15 000 CZK.
- The Faculty submits a well-grounded recommendation for awarding this exceptional prize. This can be done on the basis of the recommendation of a social, sport or cultural organization or another facility. The recommendation has to be discussed with the Rector.
- The special award from the Rector of Charles University Rector is awarded only occasionally. The laureate is ceremonially given the prize at the immediate session of the scientific council of Charles University from the date that has been decided on award.
- The amount for the special award from Rector of Charles University Rector is covered by the funds of Charles University, mainly from gifts and economic activity.
This decree comes into effect on 27th January 1995.
A Decree about the Establishment of the Award from the Rector of Charles University for the Best Graduates of Charles University
- The Rector of Charles University establishes the award for the best graduates of Charles University.
- The prize can be awarded to graduates from a M.D. who were excellent students or accomplished significant results in scientific, research, specialized or artistic activities during their study at the faculty.
The prize can be awarded yearly to one graduate from the following disciplines:
- Award of prof. MUDr. Karel Weigner for medical disciplines (the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine in Plzeň, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové),
- Award of prof. JUDr. Karel Engliš for socio-scientific disciplines (Faculty of Law, Philosophical Faculty, Faculty of Social Sciences),
- Award of prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Heyrovský for natural science disciplines (Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports),
- Award of Josef Dobrovský for theology disciplines (Catholic Theological Faculty, Protestant Theological Faculty, Hussite Theological Faculty),
- Award of prof. PhDr. Václav Příhoda for teaching qualifications (Pedagogical Faculty, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences).
- The prize of the Rector has been determined to be at least 10 000 CZK and is covered by the funds gained by the economic activity of Charles University or from gifts received.
- The Rector awards the prize at the recommendation of the faculty. The proposal for award will be sent to the department for study and study matters of the students of the Rector´s office by 15th July at the latest. The recommendation has to be well-grounded.
- Boards of medical faculties, socio-scientific faculties, natural science faculties, theological faculties and for teaching qualification are set up to assess particular recommendations. Each faculty has one representative on the board. The proposal for award will be submitted to the Rector by the board by 31st August at the latest.
- The awards, together with the letter of the Rector, are usually given at a ceremonial session of the scientific council of Charles University on the occasion of its establishment.
This decree comes into effect on 26th May 1995.
Foundation of Mr. and Mrs. Vlasta and Ervín Adam
This foundation has been established to support economically disadvantaged students with good results at Charles University, 2nd Faculty of Medicine to provide them with a scholarship. The board of directors of the foundation decides on the provision of the scholarship at the suggestion of the Faculty.
Foundation of Josef, Marie and Zdeňka Hlávka
Fund „Support of science, culture, art and erudition“
Universities or individuals can apply for the financial gift from the fund at any time. It´s intended for:
- students in regular or medical study with excellent results; it´s necessary to enclose the recommendation from a famous scientific person in their discipline and also a declaration about their financial situation,
- for young research workers or teachers with excellent results in scientific activity with the recommendation from a famous person in their discipline and a declaration about their financial situation.
Fund „Prize of Josef Hlávka“
It is designated for talented students at Prague Universities. Students who prove exceptional abilities and creative thinking in their discipline can apply for the award.
The application has to include personal data, their study, scientific or artistic results, the recommendation of a famous person in the discipline and financial details of the applicant. It is necessary to send the recommendation to the Rector by 30th May. The award amounts to 20 000 CZK for each winner.