Code of Discipline for Students
Under sections 27 (1) (b) and 33 (2) (f) of the Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education and Changes in and Amendments to other Acts (Higher Education Act), the academic senate of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine, has adopted the following Code of Discipline for Students of Charles University in Prague, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, as its internal regulation.
The Code of Discipline for Students of Charles University in Prague (hereinafter the „University“) shall govern the details on infringements of discipline by the students, the imposition of sanctions as well as disciplinary proceedings, and review procedure in such matters. The Code shall provide the details on the Disciplinary Commission of the Faculty (hereinafter the „Disciplinary Commission“).
- The Disciplinary Commission of the Faculty is composed of the Chairperson (elected from the ranks of the members of the academic staff), two members of the academic staff and three students. The proposal of the Dean to appoint and discharge the members of the Commission, who must be members of the academic community of the Faculty of Medicine (hereinafter „the Faculty“), is subject to the approval of the academic senate of the Faculty. The chairperson is a member of the Commission. The alternate members are two members of the academic staff and two students. The parity of composition of the Commission shall be preserved.
- The term of office of the members shall be two years.
- Agenda of the Commission shall be administered by the Head of the Study Department.
- Not later than 5 days after receiving the Dean's proposal, under section 4 (2) of the Disciplinary Code of the University, the chairperson of the Disciplinary Commission determines the date of proceedings and invites the student whose infringement of discipline shall be heard.
- The Commission shall have a quorum if a simple majority of its members is present at the session. If students do not constitute one half of the members present, the chairperson shall adjourn the session if a member of the Commission proposes to do so.
- A resolution of the Disciplinary Commission shall be passed if a majority of present members votes for it.
- The chairperson of the Commission, if need be, may ask for the special aid from the rank of students, academic staff or specialists.
- Minutes shall be taken of sessions of the Commission; a record shall be made of the voting of the Commission.
- This Code herein was approved by the academic senate of the Faculty on May 19, 1999 and shall come into force on the date of approval by the academic senate of the University.
- This Code herein shall become effective on the first day of the academic year 1999/2000.